[Wikimedia-l] Please, let's save the Wikipedia - from itself

Lars Gardenius lars.gardenius at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 5 16:56:55 UTC 2013

Well that is pretty easy: that Wiki-org will follow the example put up by many countries, companies and schools.

Create an independent instance (i.e. in this case independent of the Wikis) that you can turn to when you are offended, insulted, mobbed, harassed or in any way mistreated by people in the Wikis.

Since so many seems to misunderstand this question, it is not meant to handle questions about content or policies in the separate Wikis, but only about the normal human behaviour that we have agreed on shall be present in a society (today not including the Wikis).

It is also important that this independent instance shall be responsible for that the behaviour in the Wikis are within the boundaries of the outside society, and therefore also has the right to intervene in a Wiki, when members of that Wiki cross that boundary.

Today there is an increasing problem with mobbing on the Internet. I don't want the Wikis to be an enclave where this is still allowed.

Regards,
Lars Gardenius