[Wikimedia-l] Funding programs for individuals.

Siko Bouterse sbouterse at wikimedia.org
Tue Sep 3 23:04:21 UTC 2013

I'm really happy to see this page and conversation around analyzing and
comparing various ways of grantmaking to individuals - thanks for starting
this!

Some learnings we have from the first round of IEG are posted here:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Feedback/round_1_2013

We're planning to do a survey and some analysis of the Participation
Support Program in September to prepare for a revamp of that grantmaking
program and will share the learnings from that as well.

I'm particularly interested in understanding what kinds of microgrants are
working particularly well, what the most common challenges are with these
programs, and what needs are not yet being met for individuals in existing
programs...I wonder if adding a "questions" section to that page might be
useful, to help define the kinds of analysis as well?

Best wishes,
Siko