[Wikimedia-l] The Wikipedia Adventure, alpha testers needed

David Cuenca dacuetu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 18:20:42 UTC 2013

Hi Jake!
How are you doing? I just tried your game and I found a bug after earning
the first badge. I was supposed to do an edit with italics and bolding, the
think is that I already had bolded text in my profile, so I just saved
without editing. The interface prompted me "You "Added bold, italics, and
wikilinks". Just click SAVE, and your edits will go live." with the button
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Micru&action=edit

Instead of the correct:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Micru&action=edit

So far it is the only thing I've seen, good job! :)

Cheers,
Micru

On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Jake Orlowitz <jorlowitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks! I've been working for the past 7 months on an interactive guided
> tour for new editors called '''The Wikipedia Adventure''', as part of a WMF
> Individual Engagement Grant.  The game is an experiment in teaching our
> aspiring future editors in an educational but playful way.
>
> *This week I need some '''alpha-testers''' to kick the tires and basically
> try to break it.  I'm interested in general impressions and suggestions of
> course, but I'm really looking for gnarly, unexpected browser issues,
> layout problems, workflow bugs, and other sundry errors that would prevent
> people from playing through and having a positive experience.
>
> *If you're able to spend 1-3 hours doing some quality assurance work this
> week, you would have: a) my sincere gratitude b), a sparkly TWA barnstar,
> c) special thanks in the game credits, and d) a chance to leave your mark
> on Wikipedia's outreach puzzle and new editor engagement efforts.
>
> *Please note that the game automatically sends edits to your own userspace
> and it lets you know when that will happen.  If you want, you can register
> a new testing account just for the game, but it won't work properly unless
> you're logged-in by step 8 of mission 1 (when it lets you register on the
> fly).
>
> You can try it out at http://enwp.org/WP:TWA and leave feedback at
> http://enwp.org/WP:TWA/Feedback]].
>
> Thanks much and cheers!