[Wikimedia-l] The Wikipedia Adventure, alpha testers needed

Jake Orlowitz jorlowitz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 21:56:05 UTC 2013

Hi folks! I've been working for the past 7 months on an interactive guided
tour for new editors called '''The Wikipedia Adventure''', as part of a WMF
Individual Engagement Grant.  The game is an experiment in teaching our
aspiring future editors in an educational but playful way.

*This week I need some '''alpha-testers''' to kick the tires and basically
try to break it.  I'm interested in general impressions and suggestions of
course, but I'm really looking for gnarly, unexpected browser issues,
layout problems, workflow bugs, and other sundry errors that would prevent
people from playing through and having a positive experience.

*If you're able to spend 1-3 hours doing some quality assurance work this
week, you would have: a) my sincere gratitude b), a sparkly TWA barnstar,
c) special thanks in the game credits, and d) a chance to leave your mark
on Wikipedia's outreach puzzle and new editor engagement efforts.

*Please note that the game automatically sends edits to your own userspace
and it lets you know when that will happen.  If you want, you can register
a new testing account just for the game, but it won't work properly unless
you're logged-in by step 8 of mission 1 (when it lets you register on the
fly).

You can try it out at http://enwp.org/WP:TWA and leave feedback at
http://enwp.org/WP:TWA/Feedback]].

Thanks much and cheers!