[Wikimedia-l] New access to non-public information policy, re-ID requirements and data retention

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Thu Oct 24 03:47:56 UTC 2013

Marc A. Pelletier wrote:
>Seriously, however, I can understand why some current holders of rights
>might have reservations about a policy that tightens greatly how private
>information is handled and how much vetting is done on who does the
>handling; but that tightening does very much need to take place.

Says who? I've been trying to get a clear answer to this question for the
past few days. The access to non-public info policy is the Board's
creation and the Board's prerogative. Is the Board interested in updating
this policy? If not, then politely: why are we having this conversation?
If so, why and in what ways would the Board like to see the policy updated?

MZMcBride