[Wikimedia-l] New access to non-public information policy, re-ID requirements and data retention

Rschen7754 rschen7754.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 23:15:18 UTC 2013

Speaking for myself, I have no problems with the overall idea, and I doubt that a lot of the others who have signed the petition do either.

The problem is in the details of how it is implemented, and that appropriate safeguards are not written into place to protect the privacy and legal rights of those who (re)identify. I know some European users have raised concerns about how the overall policy does not work for them and/or would cause them to break the law. I don't believe that they should have to stand alone.

Thanks,

Rschen7754
rschen7754.wiki at gmail.com