[Wikimedia-l] letter from the FDC to the WMF

Craig Franklin cfranklin at halonetwork.net
Tue Oct 22 13:03:45 UTC 2013

Well, this change won't make things perfect - there is still something of a
conflict of interest there and obviously the WMF board can choose to ignore
the FDC's recommendation altogether and award itself an unreasonably
generous budget.  However, from last year's experience, where the WMF plan
was apparently discussed in depth and opposed by at least one FDC member,
I'd say that it doesn't look at all like it's a rubber stamp so far.

We should encourage each step forward rather than moan that there are many
steps yet to take.  "Perfection is the enemy of the good.", and all that.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin