[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Nederland report for September

Sandra Rientjes Wikimedia Nederland rientjes at wikimedia.nl
Mon Oct 21 09:52:00 UTC 2013

The Wikimedia Nederland report for September is available:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/Reports/Wikimedia_Nederland/201309

It is also included as text in this message.

COMMUNITY: supporting and mobilising volunteers and editors

   -

   Our two-weekly Wiki-Saturdays remain successful: on a Wiki-Saturday the
   WMNL office is open for members of the community as a venue for meetings, a
   quiet place to work on projects or just to have a coffee and a chat with
   fellow Wikimedians. In September, the office was open twice, hosting
   volunteers and board members working on our annual conference, wiki loves
   monuments and the annual work plan 2014.

   -

   Preparations for the Wikimedia Nederland Conference (November 2,
   Utrecht) are in full swing. WMF chair of the Board Jan Bart de Vreede has
   agreed to give the keynote speech. See for conference programme:
   http://www.wikimediaconferentie.nl/

   -

   There was a Wikipedia Café in Amsterdam on September 6. Four community
   members attended.

WORK: content, collaboration and activity development

   -

   Wiki Loves Monuments. September is Wiki Loves
Monuments<http://www.wikilovesmonuments.nl/>month. There were
photo-safari’s (Wiki Takes) in Groningen, Nijmegen and
   The Hague. One of our volunteers arranged a special tour of Kasteel de Haar
   so that photographs could be taken inside the castle.

   -

   World War II. A group of active community members has decided to focus
   on World War II. We cooperated with the National Committee for the
   Commemoration of World War II earlier this year in a small pilot-project to
   gather photographs of war monuments for Wikimedia Commons. We are looking
   to expand this cooperation.

   -

   Fashion edit-a-thon Antwerpen. The MoMu fashion museum hosted an Europeana
   Fashion Edit-a-thon<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/nl:Wikipedia:GLAM/MoMu_Fashion_edit-a-thon_2013>in
Antwerp. Around 25
   participants<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/nl:Wikipedia:GLAM/MoMu_Fashion_edit-a-thon_2013/deelnemers>worked
on
   articles<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/nl:Wikipedia:GLAM/MoMu_Fashion_edit-a-thon_2013/Onderwerpsuggesties>and
a special tour through the museum was given.
   -

   Public Libraries. BiSC Utrecht <http://www.biscutrecht.nl/>, the service
   organisation for libraries in the province of Utrecht, and Wikimedia
   Nederland organised a workshop for libraries. The goal of the workshop was
   to generate ideas for cooperation. The workshop was inspired by the
earlier Wiki
   Loves Bieb <http://www.wikilovesbieb.nl/> project.

   -

   25/9 Creative Commons Conference. Wikimedia Nederland attended the
   celebration of 10 years of Creative Commons in the Netherlands. The future
   of the licenses and their use was being discussed at the event.

   -

   ECNC. Volunteers of Wikimedia Nederland supported the ECNC photo
   competition <http://www.ecnc.org/photo-competition/> by setting up
the upload
   wizard<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:UploadWizard%3Fcampaign%3DECNC-Beautiful_Europe_2013>.
   One of the goals for Wikimedia Nederland to support this competition is to
   see if and how we can support initiatives by other organisations that lead
   to more content on commons and/or other Wikimedia projects.

   -

   Tropenmuseum. The
Tropenmuseum<http://www.tropenmuseum.com/smartsite.shtml?ch=TMU&id=5853>is
looking for the fourth Dutch Wikipedian in Residence (job
   description in
Dutch<https://nl.wikimedia.org/wiki/Vacature_Wikipedian-in-Residence_op_expeditie>)
   for their project about
expeditions<https://nl.wikimedia.org/wiki/De_grote_Wikipedia_Expeditie>
   .

Money

   -

   WMNL submitted its application for FDC
funding<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Proposals/2013-2014_round1/Wikimedia_Nederland/Proposal_form>in
time of the October 1 deadline. We are requesting € 356,068, a 20%
   increase on the 2013 FDC allocation.

GLOBAL: International collaboration

   -

   Board member international affairs Ziko van Dijk visited the
   Wikipedia-Stammtisch in Bochum (DE)
   -

   Wiki Loves Monuments International: WMNL is acting as fiscal sponsor to
   the Wiki Loves Monuments International team, taking care of accounting and
   payments.
   -

   Kira Kraemer (WMDE) visited the WMNL offices as part of the Chapters
   Dialogue programme. She interviewed representatives of board, community and
   staff.

ORGANISATION: board, management and support

   -

   The board met in Utrecht on September 5.

   -

   The Algemene Ledenvergadering (General Assembly) took place on September
   21 (the second in 2013). Main points on the agenda were the Annual Workplan
   and Budget 2014. Both were approved by the members.

Sandra Rientjes
Directeur/Executive Director Wikimedia Nederland

tel. (+31) (0)6  31786379

*Postadres*:                                                 * Bezoekadres:*
Postbus 167                                                Mariaplaats 3
3500 AD  Utrecht                                         Utrecht