[Wikimedia-l] : WMF resolution on neutral point of view

とある白い猫 to.aru.shiroi.neko at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 05:56:24 UTC 2013

Indeed larger wikis have vibrant local communities that uphold NPOV for the
most part. Such wikis would not be affected by such a board resolution too
much as they essentially upload NPOV anyways.

Smaller developing wikis on the other hand sometimes have people who even
want to create policies that ban the notion of NPOV. We even had attempts
of religious rules dictate content on ace.wikipedia for example. I would
recommend against translating en.wikipedia's NPOV policy for such wikis as
it is too complicated for a smaller wiki. Over time the wiki would develop
the policy using such a board resolution as a guideline.

  -- とある白い猫  (To Aru Shiroi Neko)