[Wikimedia-l] : WMF resolution on neutral point of view

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Thu Oct 3 01:49:28 UTC 2013

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Asaf Bartov <abartov at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>> I, for one, share your perception that NPOV is a problem on some
>> (perhaps
>> most) Wikipedias,
>
> asaf, could you please elaborate a little bit what you mean by this?
> do you not share the experience that the editors were able to come up
> with reasonable and well thought out rules they follow, since
> wikipedia exists? and many of the rules were discussed. and most of
> them discussed again? isn't this one of the cores which made wikipedia
> so successful?
>
> rupert.

For the most part; however, and I speak only of the English Wikipedia,
there are topics where pov prevails due to the skill and power of its
advocates. I suspect much worse things elsewhere.

By the way, I regularly, and deliberately, engage in point of view
writing elsewhere; I know it when I see it.

Ask yourself, where is the article [[processed food]]? If you want an
good education in public relations techniques, try to write one...

Fred