[Wikimedia-l] Who will host Wikimedia Conference 2014? Bidding process is open!

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 18:33:21 UTC 2013

I believe it was a matter of keeping the travel cost estimate simple -
note that the wmf (staff, board, fdc, affcom) and future chapters,
thorgs and possibly user groups were also not counted.

Amical should definitely be invited again, and indeed there is a
member from Amical participating in the decisionmaking on location.

Hope that answers the question - it is important to clarify that that
question on the bid is not meant to influence who is invited, it is
merely used to get a _sense_ of the travel costs, not their exact
amount.

Best regards,
Bence