[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Wikimedia Conference - Come to Berlin in April 2014!

Dariusz Jemielniak darekj at alk.edu.pl
Fri Nov 29 16:42:09 UTC 2013

hi Katie,

we have not decided about a location. We are going to be slightly
short-staffed this round. We still have discussions ahead if we should have
different approaches to the largest budgets (currently, WMF and WM-DE) and
screen them much more carefully and spend more time on their proposals,
which would require a possibility of contacting their representatives for
clarifications throughout the deliberations. This would make sense, as
especially with the budgets going in millions, any uncertainty should be
eliminated. In any case, we definitely will not have deliberations hosted
by any of the applying entities (so e.g. even if we went to San Francisco,
we would require separate arrangements, not on the premises, etc.).

best,

dariusz