[Wikimedia-l] Wikisource Community User Group recognized

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 11:54:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

It is with great pleasure that I can announce that the Wikisource Community
User Group has been recognized as the 7th user group of our movement.

The group aims *"to support the Wikisource community in international
communication tasks, outreach to external groups, coordination of software
tools development, and facilitate fundraising according to its member
needs."*

You can learn more about the group and how to join at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikisource_User_Group

The Affiliations Committee resolution is at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Resolutions/Wikisource_Community_User_Group_%E2%80%93_November_2013.
The group has already signed the user group agreement, their first round of
recognition runs until 31 November 2014.

Please join me in welcoming them and wishing them luck.

Best regards,
Bence Damokos
Chair, Affiliations Committee

P.S. The Affiliations Committee is still accepting membership applications
at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliations_Committee/Call_for_Candidates_2014