[Wikimedia-l] Monobook was optimised for editors, Vector is more balanced between readers and edtors

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 07:24:52 UTC 2013

WereSpielChequers, 22/11/2013 08:03:
> But it would be interesting to see some stats on the relative
> retention and upgrading of editors who use monobook and Vector.

The idea sounds crazy, but yes, why not, let's test this. I believe you
can put your thoughts on a Meta-Wiki Research: page, describing the
background, the A/B test and the proposed analysis, and then ask the WMF
to run it (preferably with the consensus of the target wikis, but it's
not usually considered necessary for so-called experimentations).

Nemo