[Wikimedia-l] Standing Election Committee proposal

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 15:20:58 UTC 2013

Dear all,

In the post-mortem of the 2013 community elections to the Board of
Trustees, the Funds Dissemination Committee, and the FDC Ombudsperson,
there was some discussion about the need for a Standing Election Committee
to organize and manage these elections in future. [1]

Building on this, a proposal for a Standing Election Committee has been
developed and may be viewed at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Standing_Election_Committee

Please help us refine this proposal by sharing your thoughts, feedback and
raising questions that we may not have considered. The Board of Trustees of
the Wikimedia Foundation is concurrently reviewing this proposal.

I would particularly like to call on past and present members of the
Election Committee, board liaisons to the committee, and WMF staff members
who have supported this committee to share their thoughts on this proposal.

Many thanks to Risker, for her contributions to this.

Cheers
Bishakha

[1]
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/Post_mortem/Report_from_Risker