[Wikimedia-l] Introducing Beta Features

James Forrester jforrester at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 5 22:58:06 UTC 2013

On 4 November 2013 18:22, Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Beautiful.  Thank you, Fabrice and all.  I'm particularly enjoying the
> formula editing.
> Combined with, say, a link to deTeXify, this can be really powerful even
> for newbies.
>   http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html

​Thank you, SJ; this was worked on by one of the VisualEditor GSoC students
this (North-hemisphere) Summer​, Jiabao, and it's great that we're getting
it into wider visibility.

Longer-term, we're planning a true visual editor for formulae, where you'd
be able to "drag-and-drop" formula elements like the integrand or a divider
into the formula, rather than write it in LaTeX.

J.
--
James D. Forrester
Product Manager, VisualEditor