[Wikimedia-l] Thoughts on Admin Rights on WMF Wiki (and other things)

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:33:57 UTC 2013

Just in case someone wonders,

Gayle Karen Young, 23/05/2013 06:22:
> [...]  goal was to ensure that the function of a wiki
> adminstrator, which is often identified with community self-governance, is
> clearly mapped against the governance model of the site: [...] [...]

doesn't answers the questions on the table at all. Especially as "the
governance model of the site" doesn't exist at all and nobody has any
idea of who is going to take care of it.

Or in other words:

Tomasz W. Kozlowski, 13/05/2013 02:04:
 > Gayle Karen Young wrote:
 >
 >> Hello folks,
 >
 > [...]
 >
 >> Gayle
 >
 > So what did you want to say? I haven't been able to find any answers to
 > any questions that have been asked by so many people in this thread.

So, to quote yourself, you committed criticism and now you're insisting
with stonewalling, with a flavour of defensiveness. I admit that my
knowledge of Gottman is limited to a recent magazine article I read by
chance a few days ago, so I may be wrong, but it seems to me that
there's little room to do worse in this relationship.

Nemo