[Wikimedia-l] Board candidates page: please set as a subject of translation

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Tue May 14 16:26:50 UTC 2013

Hi Takashi,

Thanks for the reminder. I saw that Francis had his statement trimmed
by Philippe in his capacity as a Board Election Committee member
because it was over the character limit so decided not to mark it for
translation until he had the opportunity to rewrite it, so as to not
waste the valuable time of translators. I also waited to mark Jeromy's
candidacy for translation as he was making a couple of changes the
other day but just confirmed with him that he has finished making
tweaks to his statement.

If the election committee don't get round to it, I'll mark Jeromy's
statement for translation later today but will follow up with Francis
before making his statement for translation - I don't think it's fair
for translators to translate a statement that could be considerably
tweaked (and would need re-translating).

---
Thehelpfulone
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone