[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Mon May 13 14:43:21 UTC 2013

On 13.05.2013 14:07, Tomasz W. Kozlowski wrote:
> This isn't a comment aimed at anyone in particular, so I'm not going
> to quote anybody, but can we please stop hijacking this thread, and
> posting about how Wikimedia Foundation staff are also humans and how
> the WMF was badly organised X years ago — which are valid discussion
> for a different time — and get back to the bottom of the topic?
>
> Here are some questions that I asked, and which haven't been covered
> at all:
>
> 1) Who made the decision to remove adminship from all community
> members?
> 2) Why did you make this decision now? What changed?
> 3) Who precisely (what department) is responsible for the maintenance
> of the wiki, and why didn't they perform their roles before?
>
> And a question that I think someone else asked:
> 1) For how long has the decision of removing adminship from those
> community members been discussed behind the closed door of the WMF,
> and who participated in that discussion?

If I read the e-mails correctly, 1 and 2 were covered. 1 is Gayle, and
2 is that "it was on her to do list for a long time", so apparently she
decided to perform this on Friday afternoon since it was not pleasant
and had to be done anyway.

I am not sure though pursuing these questions is very much
constructive. I personally would be more interested in 5) what measures
are to be taken to exclude this in the future, and 6) how can we
continue assuming good faith and be nice to each other.

FT2 tried to relegate these questions to a separate thread, but so far
unfortunately without much follow-up.
Cheers
Yaroslav