[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Tomasz W. Kozlowski tomasz at twkozlowski.net
Mon May 13 12:07:54 UTC 2013

This isn't a comment aimed at anyone in particular, so I'm not going to
quote anybody, but can we please stop hijacking this thread, and posting
about how Wikimedia Foundation staff are also humans and how the WMF was
badly organised X years ago — which are valid discussion for a different
time — and get back to the bottom of the topic?

Here are some questions that I asked, and which haven't been covered at
all:

1) Who made the decision to remove adminship from all community members?
2) Why did you make this decision now? What changed?
3) Who precisely (what department) is responsible for the maintenance of
the wiki, and why didn't they perform their roles before?

And a question that I think someone else asked:
1) For how long has the decision of removing adminship from those
community members been discussed behind the closed door of the WMF, and
who participated in that discussion?

I think that having those questions answered will bring much more value
than focusing on things that have been discussed over and over in the past.

(Also, I think that FT2's idea of working together on creating
guidelines and best practices for moving forward proposals — both
technical and community-related — is worth looking at.)

	-- Tomasz