[Wikimedia-l] Updates from WM-IL

Dorit Shafir Dyamant dorit at wikimedia.org.il
Mon May 13 12:08:03 UTC 2013

Greetings to everyone,

 I would like to share with you two important events that will soon
occurin our Israeli
Chapter:

== Hackathon Tel Aviv ==
WMIL's first developers' meeting, at Google campus in Tel Aviv. Wikimedia
Israel has already held a number of national and international conferences
on various topics, but this is the first conference dedicated solely to
technology.

May 23rd ,10:00-22:00. Participation is free and if you are in the area,
you're welcome to join :)
http://www.wikimedia.org.il/events/hackathon-tlv-2013/

Facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/events/548667148502734/

Amir E. Aharoni is leading this event.

== Wikipedia Academy Israel ==

On June 2nd we will conduct our fifth Wikipedia Academy conference. For the
second time, the conference will be held in the Interdisciplinary Center
(IDC) Herzliya. The main theme for the conference will be women's
participation in editing Wikipedia. It will mostly focus on the causes,
effects and consequences of the low percentage of women among the authors
of Wikipedia. Bishakha Datta will be our keynote speaker and we are
expecting about 150 participates.

June 2nd ,09:30-18:00. Participation is free.
http://www.wikimedia.org.il/events/conf13/

Facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/events/502016313190755/

Deror Lin is leading this event.

All the best
Dorit Shafir Dyamant
Executive director WM-IL
dorit at wikimedia.org.il
972+058-4445590

*http://www.wikimedia.org.il* <http://www.wikimedia.org.il>
​​

*תארו לעצמכם* עולם שבו לכל אדם יש גישה חופשית למכלול הידע האנושי. זוהי
המחויבות שלנו.