[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

Alex Zariv lists at alexzariv.com
Sun May 12 23:59:13 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Casey Brown <lists at caseybrown.org> wrote:

> On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 7:15 AM, K. Peachey <p858snake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is the email that got sent out to everyone,
>
> For what it's worth, this didn't get sent out to everyone. I was a
> bureaucrat and administrator, and have the most edits on that wiki
> (afaik?), and wasn't notified. Like Huib, I was also in the batch of
> blog moderator removals and wasn't notified about that either.
>
> I'm not very active anymore, so it's not really a huge deal, but it's
> still bad form to have not gotten any kind of notification at all.

I'm going to have to agree with Casey on this. I
also received absolutely zero notification or warning as a longtime
bureaucrat and administrator that my rights were to be removed on WMF wiki
or the foundation's blog.

We should have been reached out to directly and have been informed of this
decision. Even if there was little about it that we could change.

Alex