[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: Fwd: Re: [Wikimediaindia-l] Wikimedia Servers and Copyright Issues

David Cuenca dacuetu at gmail.com
Sun May 12 23:52:39 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Achal Prabhala <aprabhala at gmail.com>wrote:

> This looks great, and I was wondering if the last point on the list
> (working with other entities) also includes finding a way to placehold
> works that have gone out of copyright in other countries, and are hosted
> on, say, Wikilivres. That is, for people who consider themselves to be
> working on Wikisource, and are dealing with such works, is there anything
> you can offer them even if they have to host elsewhere?

 It might be possible, but it won't be easy, because not only the scans
have to be in an external server, also the transcribed text.
For that reason I think it is easier just to link to Wikilivres for the
needed works.
In any case if you find a different way to make it work, please let me know.

Cheers,
David