[Wikimedia-l] movement blog, not WMF blog, was: Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

James Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Sat May 11 20:23:35 UTC 2013

On 11 May 2013 13:03, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru> wrote:

> At this point I am lost. Comcom is made of the representative of chapters,
> right? (I just happen to know this because the representatives of the
> Russian chapter there have hmm... complicated relations with the
> communities of Russian language projects). Is the blog then the business of
> WMF and chapters?

No. ​ComCom is made up of community people who take on communications
roles. Some of us are "normal" volunteers who answer telephones and e-mails
from journalists (this is why I joined in 2005); some are board members or
staff of the WMF or other affiliate bodies​.

J.
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester at gmail.com
[[Wikipedia:User:Jdforrester|James F.]] (speaking purely in a personal
capacity)