[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [okfn-discuss] OKCon 2013 Call for Proposals – out now!

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Fri May 10 02:58:12 UTC 2013

2013/5/9 Quim Gil <qgil at wikimedia.org>:

> I agree! If there is more people interested it would be good to have a
> point of coordination e.g. in Meta.
>
> http://okcon.org/call-for-proposals/

It'd be great to organize a page on meta for that. Good idea, Quim. I
don't have time to lead this, but if some one do it, I can give some
help.

> Wikidata, MediaWiki and your data

[glup]

> We are not there, but we are heading to that direction. Do the open
> data community know? They should! Do they even know what MediaWiki
> (including the Semantic extension) and Wikidata has to offer today?
> They should!

I said the same somewhere. I second that. At least here in Brazil,
open data folks are hearing with attention about Wikidata.

> It would be great to know the opinion of the Wikidata team and the
> European chapters. Needless to say, there would be also people at the
> Wikimedia Foundation interested in this event.

Sarah invited WMF to the event and I emphasized its importance. Lots
and lots to collaborate, I think.

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKFN Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre