[Wikimedia-l] Russian Wikipedia in blacklist trouble again

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Thu May 9 11:53:54 UTC 2013

On 05/09/2013 07:19 AM, Anthony Cole wrote:
> We would be failing in our mission to disseminate educational information
> effectively and globally if, due to an ideological attachment to
> NOTCENSORED, we took the former option.

You're saying this as though those things were orthogonal to each other.
 They are not.  When we bow to random entities' wishes of what is
"correct" educational information, you've already fatally compromised
that mission.

Should we remove the articles about Tibet from zhwp so that the PRC is
more accepting of Wikipedia?

-- Coren / Marc