[Wikimedia-l] Ting's resignation, Thank you for five great years

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Wed May 8 07:02:34 UTC 2013

Someone has to break silence ;) so let me say that I'm quite
disappointed that a community elected board member resigned in a way
that rushed the board into changing the bylaws with little thought about
quorums and required majorities, making them even more exposed to
dramatic changes in control/scope of the WMF by very few (potentially 3)
members.
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_bylaws/May_2013_-_Article_IV_Section_6_%28Vacancies%29#Minimum_number.3F>
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_Foundation_board_manual#Votes_vs._resolutions.2C_quorum_and_required_majority>
(problems already reported in 2010, only Sj answered and legals
apparently don't consider them problems).

Nemo