[Wikimedia-l] The world's most efficient charity?

Chris Keating chriskeatingwiki at gmail.com
Tue May 7 16:28:44 UTC 2013

In the light of some of the discussion about overhead and fundraising cost
ratios on this list, I would like to congratulate the Arrythmia Alliance, a
UK registered charity, for two remarkable feats revealed in its annual
return to the Charity Commission:

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1107496&SubsidiaryNumber=0

* Raising £800K GBP without spending anything at all on fundraising, a
totally unbeatable fundraising ROI of infinity
* Incurring only £10,000 in overheads on their total expenditure of £1.24M
GBP

These figures are literally unbelievably good, and I hope we see nothing
similar in the Wikimedia movement in the future.

Chris