[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia Elections 2013

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Thu May 2 04:29:21 UTC 2013

I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are now being accepted for
the 2013 Wikimedia Foundation Elections.  This year, elections are being
held for the following roles:

   -

   Board of Trustees

The Board of Trustees is the decision-making body that is ultimately
responsible for the long term sustainability of the Foundation, so we value
wide input into its selection.  There are three positions being filled.
More information about this role can be found at <
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/Board_elections/2013>.

   -

   Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)

The Funds Dissemination Committee
(FDC)<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Funds_Dissemination_Committee/Framework_for_the_Creation_and_Initial_Operation_of_the_FDC>makes
recommendations about how to allocate Wikimedia
movement <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia> funds to eligible
entities.  There are two positions being filled. More information about
this role can be found at <
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/FDC_elections/2013>.

   -

   Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) Ombud

The FDC Ombud receives complaints and feedback about the FDC process,
investigates complaints at the request of the Board of Trustees,  and
summarizes the investigations and feedback for the Board of Trustees on an
annual basis.  One position is being filled.  More information about this
role can be found at <
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/FDC_Ombudsperson_elections/2013>.

The candidacy submission phase lasts from 00:00 UTC April 24 to 23:59 UTC
May 17. More
information on this election can be found at  <
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013>.

Please feel free to post a note about the election on your project's village
pump, or to translate it and distribute it on other Wikimedia movement
mailing lists. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the
talk page
on Meta, or sent to the election committee's mailing list,
<board-elections AT wikimedia.org>

On behalf of the Election Committee,

Risker