[Wikimedia-l] "Adopt a page"

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 30 01:29:33 UTC 2013

It's a weird dichotomy.

I've spent several hundred quid on source material for my current topic
area. I could easily have spent several grand.

Paid editing is a major issue, because it conflicts with our culture

But if someone were able to buy my sources then it would be of huge
benefit.

And, controversially, if someone could fund me one day a week to write
these articles I could likely expand from one GA per month to covering this
entire field in GAs in a year.

Without that it will take me a good five years

I've come recently to see that funding article work is not inherently an
awful thing. But it needs to be done with extreme care to protect our
ideals and neutrality. And that is a HARD problem.

Tom