[Wikimedia-l] Office hour inside out (program evaluation)

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom at wikimedia.org
Sat Mar 23 21:49:21 UTC 2013

The India Education Program was really useful for my learnings before
I started coordinating the education program in Brazil. Without them,
I could have made similar mistakes. And this is one really important
thing about the nature of Wikimedia projects, they are not predictable
as a simple physics problem, and we have to value much more the
learnings from our mistakes.

At the same time, when you don't value these learnings to improve next
projects and have in your mind that trials must be succeed by success,
people can be afraid of sharing possible errors.

Without trials, things will continue progressing slowly. And
innovation will continue mediocre.

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more