[Wikimedia-l] Announcing the Wikimedia Iconathon 2013

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 16:25:56 UTC 2013

Hoi,
<grin> There is no why, it is just that it is unlikely to be done this
year. </grin>

There are other *athons that take place, have a big impact and are not
reproduced elsewhere. I have seen large groups of people localise the
MediaWiki software in Pune for instance... This happened this year for a
second time as I understand. They really make a difference and given the
statistics for the localisation of MediaWiki and the associated software
there is a big need to have such sessions around the globe and have them
regularly.. They make a substantial difference in the usability of the
MediaWiki software.
Thanks,
     Gerard