[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia (Foundation) endowment

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 09:32:57 UTC 2013

And many of those universities, libraries, etc. have designed endowments in
such a way that they have the flexibility to adapt to emergent
technologies.  There's no reason why the WMF can't do the same -- in fact,
shouldn't we be better at it (than any random library/church), by virtue of
being staffed by people who understand technology, who understand the
digital space in which the WMF operates, and who can at least keep up with
change and innovation?

Dan Rosenthal