[Wikimedia-l] [Chapters] Question: Plans for the Wikimedia conference in Milan

Fae faewik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:38:49 UTC 2013

I agree with the previous thoughts on this thread that any WCA Council
meeting should be in the core time, on the principle that we want any
meeting to be open. Any of the outcomes of research, analysis and
services that we have been discussing should be presentations and
workshops integrated with the core schedule rather than a specific
Council discussion.

For those like Manuel that are unable to come for logistical or
financial reasons, we should ensure that good efforts are made to
enable their virtual presence, even if only for selected slots in the
timetable. This would be an excellent chance to show off recent
progress with open source software for video conferencing.

I'll aim to book my travel to arrive on Thursday afternoon and fly
back late on the Sunday.

Cheers,
Fae
Ashley Van Haeften (Fae) faewik at gmail.com