[Wikimedia-l] On now: European Dialog on Internet Governance

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Thu Jun 20 09:31:19 UTC 2013

Those oft you interested in Internet governance can follow the EuroDIG conference in Lisbon right now via webcast:

http://www.eurodig.org/important/webcast-remote-participation

and / or follow the hastag #EuroDIG in Twitter.

Yesterday we had the General Assembly oft EURALO, the regional at-large organisation where I represent Wikimedia CH and Wikimedia Österreich AS members of ICANN At-Large. I will serve another term von the EURALO board.
We had a very interesting visit from ICANN's new president and CEO Fahdi Chehade. With its multi-stakeholder approach and also developed and grown based in external needs and in ever-changing environment it faces similar challenges like the Wikimedia movement. This was a surprising understanding for me, having experienced ICANN as a big, bureaucratic organisation. I am aiming toward an exchange, being aware that is still hard to be heard within ICANN but without our critical and demanding voices we give away our ability to influence policy making on the Internet.

/Manue