[Wikimedia-l] Wikipedia for Diplomats (June 21)

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 19:06:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Tomasz W. Kozlowski <tomasz at twkozlowski.net
> wrote:

> Bence Damokos wrote:
>
>  I hope I am not totally unqualified to speak about the Wikipedia topics.
>>

> Quite the contrary, I think you're very knowledgeable about the
> subject—but what does AffCom have to do with it? If you're going to talk
> about Wikipedia's role in disseminating information about diplomacy issues,
> then I think it should be simply 'Bence Damokos, Wikipedian'.
>
> (No offence intended, etc.)

None taken and thanks for the suggestion. In this case, I believe the best
solution would have been to mention that I am the chair of AffCom, to make
it clear that this is a position I hold (like the director level officials
who will be the other participants) and not my qualification.

Best regards,
Bence