[Wikimedia-l] Swedish Wikipedia reach 1 million (with support of bots)

Hubertl hubert.laska at gmx.at
Tue Jun 18 04:34:15 UTC 2013

Hi Asaf, did you read my mail or is this an automated answer because of
using the word monkey? Or is this a just a try like an official muzzle?

Really rude for me is, when some Wikipedians think, they have to start
a professional service company for transporting simple facts without
efforts to transport and support knowlede to and from people. Especially
if it turns out that these facts in not so few cases are wrong, as Kurt
Kulac has already been demonstrated.

Loosing our original idea for which this project is donated by thousands
of donaters! From which you are paid for. As an unpaid, long term
Wikipedian in Residence I do know what I´m talking about.

With actions like this, we destroy our sources! All these facts are
available right now openly. Why do we need these facts as a simple copy
in Wikipedia? With no additional benefit? Except a dubious rise of so
named articles.

Wikipedia also has the charm of imperfection, which I certainly
appreciate. The same imperfection, which is inherent to the people who
will accomplish this tasks together with us.

Unfortunately there are some people who think that everything imperfect
must be destroyed. But we will never ever reach this perfection. Just as
we can never be perfect by ourselves. In a world that is constantly
changing.

On your personal page on the foundation site, you cite Epictetus:

I will reply with Epictetus too:

No thing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a
fig. If you tell me that you desire a fig, I answer you that there must
be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.

h.