[Wikimedia-l] Swedish Wikipedia reach 1 million (with support of bots)

Per A.J. Andersson paja at telia.com
Sun Jun 16 14:45:21 UTC 2013

Milestones are nice. They're one big reason for celebrating,
once in a while. There are lots of others, but not all are this
definable and publicly palatable. Quality projects of various
kinds are ongoing all the time, and we need different kinds of
"carrots" to keep up the community interest at svwp. We need to
communicate our efforts in different dimensions, and this was
also the idea in our press release statement some hours ago.
Quantity and quality are no born enemies to each other, IMHO.

Personally I enjoy making small articles (in various subjects)
larger and better. I think this is a common motivator to many of
us, where the article creation can be a hassle with all the
multidimensional stuff involved. Lsjbot makes my enlarging a bit
easier. And the fact that Lsjbot now creates a fully sourced and
categorised Swedish-language "wikispecies" inside of Wikipedia
is a bonus.

Best of wishes,
/Per A.J. Andersson
(user: Paracel63)