[Wikimedia-l] Swedish Wikipedia reach 1 million (with support of bots)

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 14:03:10 UTC 2013

Article count milestones are nice!
However, I remind those who were distracted in 2008 that article count
is a largely irrelevant piece of our statistics since 2008; both
stats.wikimedia.org and www.wikipedia.org (plus the other project
portals) don't use it at all to "rank" projects, etc.
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Wikipedias>

Anders Wennersten, 16/06/2013 15:32:
> Is it a coincidence that we now see the growth of these competent
> botgenerated article in nl:wp, sv.wp and it:wp?

{{citation needed}}
To me it seems the other wikis are rather stable. There is no wiki in
top ten with 50 % bot created articles and after sv.wiki (13th) you have
to reach positions 20th (vi) and 24th (vi) to find similar amounts.

Nemo