[Wikimedia-l] PRISM

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Mon Jun 10 19:21:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:

> You are right, Anthony, never assume you're not dealing with idiots. If
> NSA is doing doing detailed surveillance of Tea Party activists or
> defense lawyers we are truly well along the road to hell.

Maybe we are.  It certainly wouldn't be unprecedented for the government to
engage in witch hunts against certain political groups.  Granted, it's more
likely to be the FBI that has a file on Tea Party groups than the NSA, but
still...

Tea Party groups was, of course, just an example.  John Vandenberg gave a
somewhat larger list.