[Wikimedia-l] PRISM

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:09:34 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:

> Wikipedia is not a top traffic website from people editing.  99% of the
> traffic is reading/searching.

Yes, and I as I pointed to the email written by Domas, that those logs
don't exist.

> We know that people's Google searches have been used against them in
> court.  I'm not aware of any cases where Wikipedia searches have been
> used.  But I can't imagine why they'd be any different.

Because one is a search engine and the other is an encyclopedia. If someone
was researching ways to make explosives or looking for child pornography,
those are grounds to incriminate. Wikipedia on the other hand is an
encyclopedia. There is nothing illegal about going in to a library and
looking at a physical encyclopedia, nor should there be about Wikipedia.

Regards
Theo