[Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage logo

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 08:00:26 UTC 2013

Peter Southwood, 03/06/2013 19:26:
> In case anyone was so misguided at to think that I object to WTO
> protecting their logo per se. That is NOT my point, and never was. My
> point is that the WTO logo and WV logo are not easily confused. I asked
> a simple question about what the specifics of the complaint were, which
> has still not been answered. Instead the query has been brushed under
> the carpet and a pointless quibbling has ensued.
> I give up in frustration. Asking a simple question on this list appears
> to be a complete wate of effort.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Trademark similarity is not an exact
science and depends on too many factors, so your question was very hard
to understand.
To me, the two logos look identical, except that our arrows have sharper
heads. <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikivoyage/Logo_announcement>
If you don't see the similarity, I suggest you to try and describe the
two logos as would be required to register them, to see how hard it is
for you to highlight the differences in our logo.

Nemo