[Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage logo

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Mon Jun 3 09:49:01 UTC 2013

The case already cost money to the WMF, because of the time invested by our
legal counsel. As with the Loriot stamps and the office action then, it's
not worth to loose (even more) money for it. That might look different in a
different legal system and with better odds.
I am not quite happy with making this a moral question about 'standing up
to bullies', Peter. If you want to fight bullying, there is a lot to do
within the Wikipedia editing community...
Kind regards
Ziko

Am Montag, 3. Juni 2013 schrieb Peter Southwood :

> That would only be true if they were right.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "phoebe ayers" <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>
> Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2013 7:04 PM
> Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage logo
>

>  On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  Peter Southwood, 02/06/2013 07:43:
>>>
>>>  So we stand up to small bullies, by not to big ones.

>>> Why would you want to share visual identity with a bully?
>>>
>>> Nemo
>>>

>> Ha! +1 :)
>>
>> And also what Denny, Deryck and SJ said.
>>
>> -- phoebe
>>

>> --
>> * I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers
>> <at>
>> gmail.com *

Ziko van Dijk
voorzitter / president Wikimedia Nederland
deputy chair Wikimedia Chapters Association Council

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht
http://wikimedia.nl