[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Changes at the Wikimedia Foundation Fundraising Team

James Salsman jsalsman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 01:38:55 UTC 2013

I know I've been critical of Zack Exley for technical reasons over the
past year, but I think very highly of him as a person. If I was
recruiting colonists for an interstellar colonization mission, he
would likely be in the top 100 based on his accomplishments,
orientation, drive, and social skills alone.

But even if he weren't, his new project is outstandingly spectacular
on its own merits, and I want to urge everyone reading this in or from
the U.S. to sign up and join it:

http://www.fivethirtysix.org/

I predict that anyone with even a passing interest in U.S. politics
who doesn't follow FiveThirtySix will first regret it, and then end up
following it afterwards to prevent further such regret.

Also, congratulations to Megan and Lisa!

Sincerely,
James Salsman