[Wikimedia-l] WCA Quest for the Cool Name

Markus Glaser markus.glaser at wikimedia.de
Mon Jul 29 22:53:38 UTC 2013

Am 30.07.2013 00:48, schrieb Nathan:
> The process for renaming the WCA is to be completed in two weeks?!
> That seems totally at odds with its entire history, I wonder if it's
> turning over a new leaf or if the selection will be subject to
> criticism for not including enough people / giving sufficient months
> or years for debate.
The WCA is on its way to become an agile organisation ;) The backdoor
is: if we can't agree on a new name, we'll continue to operate as "WCA".
So no harm is done either way.

Seriously, I made the experience that people react to these kind of
creative polls either at the beginning or at the end of the voting time.
So we decided to just skip the time in between.

Best,
Markus

--
Markus Glaser