[Wikimedia-l] On the gentrification of Wikipedia, by Superbass (was: Visual Editor)

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Mon Jul 29 20:03:31 UTC 2013

On 07/29/2013 03:30 PM, Ziko van Dijk wrote:
> On German Wikipedia, our dear Superbass has contributed a short opinion
> piece on the principal resistance against the Visual Editor. I think that
> it should be withhold from you, and I hope that my translation transfers
> its wit.

My poor German suffices to estimate that your translation was "close
enough", at least, but leaves one question open to my mind:  was this
meant as satire or was this in earnest?

Because if it's the latter, I'm really worried about the health of a
community that would actively bemoan greater democratization of a
project whose entire /raison d'etre/ was the democratization of knowledge.

-- Marc