[Wikimedia-l] Feedback for the Wikimedia Foundation

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Sat Jul 27 17:26:15 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Jane Darnell <jane023 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am happy to report that I just discovered what the problem is. I had
> turned off the "Show edit toolbar" option in my preferences (probably
> over a year ago), so I wasn't seeing the top part of the VE edit
> toolbar, which includes the hyperlink icon, among other things. I was
> only seeing the other, second, line of the VE toolbar icons for
> including media, reference, references list, and transclusion.

That's interesting, Jane; thanks for the report. I'm not able to
reproduce this - as far as I can tell, the preference is completely
ignored by VE. If you or someone can get a repro on the exact
circumstances under which this occurs, please drop me a note or
directly add it to Bugzilla.

Thanks,
Erik