[Wikimedia-l] About the concentration of resources in SF (it was: "Communication plans for community engagement"

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 26 23:57:43 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM, rupert THURNER
<rupert.thurner at gmail.com> wrote:

> If WMF is serious about letting development activities grow in other
> countries this might be taken into account in FDCs allocation policy.

For my part, I'm happy to offer feedback to the FDC on plans related
to the development of engineering capacity in FDC-funded
organizations. I'm sure Wikimedia Germany, too, would be happy to
share its experiences growing the Wikidata development team. I'd love
to find ways to bootstrap more engineering capacity across the
movement, as so many of our shared challenges have a software
engineering component. If any folks on-list want to touch base on
these questions at Wikimania, drop me a note. :)

Erik

--
Erik Möller