[Wikimedia-l] Feedback for the Wikimedia Foundation

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton.alvarenga at okfn.org
Fri Jul 26 02:12:12 UTC 2013

2013/7/25 Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoekstra at gmail.com>:

> Speaking of template madness, the current horrible brokenness that are
> templates seem to be on the long term roadmap to be fixed. Fixing them
> requires breaking a whole lot, far more than a visual editor preference. Is
> two way community dialog on how to handle that on the roadmap? It might
> still be years and years away, but boy will it hurt, and we better brace
> ourselves.

It seems more possible to have a wiki software developed from scratch
than this to happen.

If sometimes a small technological fart causes a pandemonium, what can
we say about a real technological progress?

Maybe a new community (less conservative?) to build a good
encyclopedia can come up if a new platformn be invented?

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
OKF Brasil - Rede pelo Conhecimento Livre