[Wikimedia-l] Organisational wikis in the Wikimedia movement: only Meta Wiki in future?

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Mon Jul 22 19:06:41 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,

In general, it seems to me that having one and only one wiki is the best
solution where ever it is possible. In the movement, we have Meta Wiki as
the most important organisational wiki, but sometimes a new one is created.
E.g., a couple of years ago new initatives were given a new wiki, such as
the Strategy wiki or the Outreach wiki. Also, the Wikimanias have wikis of
their own.

At the moment I am organising our WCAWOS and try to contact people, as
panelists, or as other participants. Many attendees have no Wikimania user
page but link to English Wikipedia or Meta Wiki (if at all). I wonder
whether it could be possible in future to have not a wiki for every single
Wikimania but to use Meta Wiki?

Kind regards
Ziko

PS: If might be helpful also if attendees categorize their user pages, e.g.
by country, and also having all WCA Council Members coming to Wikimania in
one category would be great...

http://wikimania2013.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ziko

Ziko van Dijk
voorzitter / president Wikimedia Nederland
deputy chair Wikimedia Chapters Association Council

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht
http://wikimedia.nl